Monday, March 22, 2010

Dessert Wine


Pairing of food to wine is essential. This wine, however, doesn't really go well with any food, so I think I'll have it as dessert. There are several things that one considers when evaluting wine: acidity, sweetness, tannins, nose, alcohol content, and price are but a few. This wine falls short in all those areas save one -- I leave it as an exercise to the reader to figure out which. Should you decide to purchase a bottle, be sure to give it a good chilling, or you may taste it. Notice the label: BioBio. I guess it's double Bio, whatever that is. I'm sure it has nothing to do with flavour, well, at least nothing positive. Incidentally, Germans pronounce Bio, bee-oh, as in B.O.  I shall say no more.







Store:Netto
Location:Lebacher Straße
66113 Saarbrücken
Date:22 March, 2010
Cost:€1.99

1 comment:

  1. Swill is swill in any language. Lately I've been honing my taste buds with cheep wines. Really gives you an appreciation for good wine!
    =)

    ReplyDelete