Thursday, March 25, 2010

Lunch at Uni

Ausländer Cafe

There are several places you can eat at Uni; this is the Ausländer Cafe, which is the best of the lot. Having said that, I'm sad to report to you, gentile reader, that this sandwich wasn't particularly satisfying. I have learned to order other things here which are far superior. (Be sure to add this RSS feed to your favorite reader so you don't miss the exciting update!) The sandwich was made with some sort of pink mystery meat. I left the green matter in so I wouldn't dwell too much on just what part of the animal I was actually eating. A little cheese would have been a welcome addition; however, Saarlanders have a peculiar aversion to mixing proteins in a sandwich it seems. Funny, they don't look Jewish. Even so, it did make the beer taste better. Speaking of which, this is a Bruch's, another local beer. I defy anyone to be able to distinguish between this and an Urpils.

P.S. Since I first posted this, I have grown rather fond of both Bruch's and Urpils. As to which anyone who has seen my kitchen can attest.







Restaurant:Ausländer Cafe
Location:Universität des Saarlandes
Gebäude A3 2
66123 Saarbrücken
Phone:+49 (0)681 / 302-3045
Date:24 March, 2010
Cost:€4.50

No comments:

Post a Comment