Thursday, March 25, 2010

Wash Pub!

Washpub
This is more like it, dinner at the Wash Pub. The beer, I'm sure we are all familiar with so let's talk instead about the Kroketten. Kroketten are sort of like fried mashed potatoes. Ok, that's all I can think of to describe them, other than to say that they are yummy.(Wikipedia can tell you more.) The observant reader will notice the photos in both this post and the previous are taken outdoors. The weather was almost warm today and I am becoming a proper German and sitting outside at every opportunity. Oh, I hear cries from my readers, "Wait! Is the restaurant really named the Wash Pub?" Well, actually no. The real name is Nauwies. I call it that as next door is a laundromat. Naturally, on wash days, I can start the laundry and then a nice Guinness genießen while I wait. Besides, most everyone I speak to agrees that Wash Pub is a much better name. (Here is a photo of the laundromat just in case you think I'm lying.)







Restaurant:Nauwies aka Wash Pub
Location:Nauwieserstraße 22
66111 Saarbrücken
Date:24 March, 2010
Cost:€6.00

1 comment:

  1. now I get the title of your blog...it's because you haven't posted since March...write, and you might live past 60!

    ReplyDelete